The Your Body, Your Life plan is not a diet. It’s a simple weekly progression that takes your from bad to better to best. I believe in small weekly progressions replacing bad habits with good habits so your body responds quickly as you lose body fat, support lean muscle mass, and fight inflammation and remove toxins.
The ultimate goal is to increase energy and balance your hormones so that you feel good and are able to be more active.
My meal plans are based on these simple principles:
1. Balance Blood Glucose: Maintaining proper blood sugar throughout the day will eliminate cravings, increase energy, and heal insulin receptors. This is done by eating the right foods at the right times
2. Alkalize the Body: Diseases and infections thrive in an acidic environment. Alkalizing your body allows your cells to heal and regenerate and promotes a strong immune system. Green vegetable juices and plenty of vegetables help maintain a proper pH of 7.36.
3. Maximize Nutrients: Calories count but nutrients are what is truly the most important. Eating nutrient dense foods will provide your body with the vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and enzymes it needs to thrive at an optimal level of performance. Eating a variety of clean foods that are grown or raised in a healthy manner is the best way to insure proper nutrients.
4. Decrease Inflammation: Inflammation damages your cells and arterial walls and causes digestive disorders and disease. Through proper steps it is essential to eliminate refined sugars and grains and unhealthy fats.
5. Increase Hydration: Our bodies are made up of over 60% water. It’s essential for your organs to properly function and remove toxins from the body. With out it you will feel tired, cranky, headache, hungry, along with having poor circulation, digestion, and your athletic performance will be severely decreased. The best way to know if you are hydrated is by the color and output of your urine. It should be light or clear and you should be urinating every 2-4 hours.
Contact Kim Lyons for
- Inquire about a Phone Consult
- Keynote speaking
- Product Review/Endorsement
- Corporate Wellness