SPICY GRAPEFRUIT MARGARITA
Serves 4 to 6:
- 1 1/2 cups (350ml) tequila
- 2 cups (500ml) grapefruit juice
- 3/4 cups (180ml) fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 whole jalapeños, sliced
- Lime and grapefruit slices, for garnish
Granulated sugar and fresh cracked pepper, for rimming the glasses
- In a shallow plate, combine sugar and pepper. You’ll use this mixture to rim the glasses.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pitcher and stir well to combine. Keep refrigerated for 30 minutes to 2 hours, checking spiciness from time to time. Remove the jalapeños from the drink once the desired spiciness is reached.
- When ready to serve, rim your glasses in the sugar and pepper mixture. Add ice cubes to each glass and pour the margaritas over. Add a grapefruit, a lime wedge and jalapeño slices for garnish, if desired.